I will never use travelocity again.

Mar 10, 2008
review #115103

This is why I will never use Travelocity again.

In January I booked a cruise to go from Valparaiso, Chile to Santos, Brazil in March for our honeymoon. I book my fights around the same time through Travelocity. I was following the cruise ship recommendation of arranging transportation to and from the airport several weeks in advance and I found out that the flight I booked for my return fight was starting in the wrong city.

My return flight goes from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (SDU) to Sao Paulo, Brazil (CGH). In Sao Paulo I switch airports to (GRU). From (GRU) we fly to Atlanta, GA (ATL) then to Detroit, MI (DTW). I booked it this way thinking that Rio was the closest airport to the last stop on my cruise. Come to find out Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU) is the closest airport to may last stop and Rio is a 5 hour drive away.

So I figure no big deal I already have the seats booked from Sao Paulo, Brazil I will just cancel the 1 hour flight from Rio to Sao Paulo and board the plane in Sao Paulo. This is where the PAIN starts. I called Travelocity to change my reservations. They told me that there would be a charge to change my flight plans. I was OK with that because I made a mistake ( I didn’t like it but…). Then they told me that I had to return the tickets so that they could change the reservation. They told me without the tickets they could not and would not check into changing the tickets until they received them. Not having any other option I sent them the tickets. This was on March 3rd. they received the tickets and called me on March 6th. After explaining what I was trying to do they told me that if they removed the 1 connecting flight on my return trip it would screw up my flight down to the Chile, because they would have to rebook the entire trip. Turns out that the fights out of Detroit on the day we leave for vacation were booked full and my fight would go to the first person on standby if I changed them. After hearing this and trying to resolve the issue I was getting no where. They told me that I had to go to a Delta counter at an airport with the tickets in my hand to get this all straightened out (no guarantees). I asked them if they could call delta and I was told no. The only way was for me to go to the counter myself. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told they were busy and they would call me back. They never called me back.

I stated calling Delta about the situation and they also told me that in needed to bring the paper ticket in, to make any changes. I called Travelocity back the same night and told them to send my tickets back to me. I was told that I would have them no latter than 2 business days. That should have been Monday march 10th. I did not receive the tickets on Monday so I called them. I got the Fed Ex tracking number and found out that the tickets didn’t ship until Monday March 10th and will not be here until Wed mach 12th at 7:00pm. So I will not be able to go to the airport until the 13th (which I am going to have to *** work for). After finding this out I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told that they were to busy and someone would call me back. I told them I wanted to speak with someone now and I was put on hold for 1 ½ hours and then I hung up and called back for a supervisor again and was put on hold for ½ hour till I spoke with someone that said she was a supervisor. I think there real job title is the sorry person. All she said to me was that she was sorry and offered to give me a $50 credit (like I am going to use Travelocity again). She also told me that I could send my complaints to consumer.relations@travelocity.com (fax 1-800-944-0005). During my conversation with the supervisor I explained to her that in order to change my flight I was responsible for paying the difference in the fairs. And that the 2 week delay that Travelocity has caused me the rates have increased. Not to mention my alternative option prices have increased.

These were my options if I could not change my flight:

1. Fly from Sao Paulo to Rio to catch my flight back to Sao Paulo. (Makes a lot of sense doesn’t it) these prices have tripled in a week and a half.

2. Rent a car and drive 5 hours to Rio to catch my fight back to Sao Paulo. (makes a lot of sense doesn’t it)

3. Get off the cruise at Rio and stay the night in Rio. But this requires 1 week notice prior to the ships departure date. Which I may be able to do because the day I go to the airport to try and fix the tickets is 8 days before I leave.

4. I can’t arrange transportation to and from the cruise ship until my flight itinerary is known. This was supposed to be done by the 7th of march. Hope I can still scheduled transportation.

So here I am waiting on my tickets so I can go to the airport to find out if I can change my flights. If I can’t I am screwed with only 1 week remaining till the honeymoon.

I though vacation was suppose to be relaxing.

abdd36b
Had an experience with Travelocity?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Vet

Feb 18

I made reservations through Travelocity. Shortly after making the reservations I called to cancel. The agent told me that the transaction did not go through because there is no record that I made the reservations. She told that I did not have to worry about being charged. Well guess what! I was charged for the room. Travelocity have the worst customer relations I've ever experienced. :(

Greyhound

Feb 18

I will advise you not to used Travelocity. Please do not recommend to anyone. :(

Chickenlegs

Dec 19, 2013 Englewood, Florida

I booked through Travelocity and the Hotel that myself and friend
stayed (St. Augustine Beachfront Resort, St.Augustine, FLorida.
It was dirty, needed outside work, and the Bathroom in our
room has *** on the toilet seat. It was not very pleasant.
We told the Management and they keep one night stay ($98.20) we never took our suitcases out of the car.
It was the week before Christmas, Friday the 13th. I guess it
was Friday the 13th for me.

I do not recommend this Hotel. From what I see is the only way
they make there money, is keeping the costumers first night, (and
never stay)

Aug 17, 2013 Miami, Florida

do not ever stay at days inn miami aiport north. the hotels sucks and you get treated like garbage if you are not hispanic. i think the workers forget miami is part of the US and it is an english speaking country. they talked to me in spanish and i had to remind them i speak english not spanish. there were no towels in the room after the maid cleaned it, the tub was clogged everyday, there was a huge wet spot on the floor by the a/c. I booked the hotel with travelocity and they were no help.

Ole Suzanne

Jul 15, 2013 Saint Louis, Missouri

NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE TRAVELOCITY.... I booked air, hotel and car. When I arrived to CA to pick up my car, they said I needed the credit card I used to make the reservations??? Or they would have to do a credit check on me? ARE YOU SERIOUS>> I rented from Thrifty by the way. What a way to get your personal information. The hotel charged my credit card without telling me $50 for incedentials, but if nothing was used I would be reimbursed.

Rochelle P

Jul 04, 2013

People should really read this same thing happened to me and what company doesn't carry through with anything. Sorry service could barely understand anyone and I had confirmation email number everything still the Hotel had nothing. I would count on email confirmation number or verbal confirmation with Travelocity!

Michael Jefferies

May 28, 2013 Park City, Utah

I've always been told that using such sites to get airplane tickets or nights at a hotel some where spring up the prices, especially around holidays. You might as well just do all the planning and arrangements yourself. I'd rather just spend the extra money on something like auto glass replacement in SLC. It's a much better use, isn't it? :grin

Gene Hennigh

Nov 30, 2012

Travelocity never did call when they said they would. Not once. I lost the accommodations I had made in Australia because they couldn't resolve a change in the itinerary. I couldn't cancel the trip, even with trip insurance, so I'm out $1,500+. I have a credit with an airline I can't even use. A prompt Travelocity could have changed everything.

Robert

Oct 22, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

I want to report a serious concern that is obviously prevalent in your organization. The lack of professionalism and customer care in your customer service/travel agent department. On Saturday, October 20, 2012 I had a flight departing from Buffalo, NY @ 11:25 a.m. to arrive in Chicago, IL at 3:00 p.m. At about 9:00 a.m. that morning I called your customer service line to see what my options were in regards to taking a later flight that day as I felt as if I was running a little behind schedule. When I contact your customer service department and explained the situation, your agent (Jeff) suggested that I cancel my trip and rebook a new one. Going along with the suggestion of your agent, I agreed. Upon completing the transaction, your Jeff informed me that I would be charged an additional $30.00 for booking it through a customer service agent. I thought that was a little costly considering it cost me nothing to book it online. He informed me that I could book the flight online if I wanted to at no charge, which I decided I would do.

After receiving the information regarding the credit for my flight I ended my call with Jeff. I went online to look up pricing for the same exact trip, but for later on that day. I found a flight out and proceeded to check out. When I got to the point of inputting my credit card information, I couldn’t find anywhere to apply my credit that I had from my prior cancellation. So I
... Show more

Rick Wymer

Sep 08, 2012

We found the same issues as the other people here. If you have a problem of any sort with your booking or your rooms, someone who barely speaks English tells you they are sorry and all they will do is send you to a false internet sight. When I asked to speak to a supervisor they sent me to the non-exhistant website. I said "Are you kidding me? You can't handle customer service over the phone?" They wouldn't ever get me a manager. The best they would do is give us an email for $25.oo off our next trip. And then they never sent it. :(
When I talked to the Hotel of course they couldn't do anything because we were booked through Travelocity. But she did tell me something the hotels will all match Travelocity's prices if you call and book direct with them! So that is what we will do from now on! :( :( :? :upset

trilla eiler

Oct 17, 2011

I booked my vacation from Travelocity, what a nightmare, they put in in a gang drug infested neighbor hood, I went to see Oprah that I waited to see for 25years bought a 125ticket to the show and didb't even get to go, the local sheriffs department told me not to go out after dark there where no restarants to eat at, had to go to a gas station, 72hours in a dirty hotel bugs *** on the walls mold ewwwww!!! sickning. Called Travelocity and all they did was call the front desk and offer me another room!!!!!!REALLY????? ARE YOU CRAZY!!! How do you compensate for this disasters nightmare? :( :(

Sc--wd again

Mar 18, 2011

Another horror tale -consumer service @ Travelocity- need I say more ?

SUNIL MAKHARIA

Aug 27, 2010

TRAVELOCITY.

UNFORTUNATELY I MISSED MY JAIPUR MUMBAI FLIGHT.

IMMEDIATELY I CANCELLED MY MUMBAI JAIPUR BOOKING.

I WAS INFORMED BY TRAVELOCITY PEOPLE THAT I WILL GET MY REFUND WITH IN 15 DAYS.

NOW AFTER 3 MONTHS & MY 8 CALLS ( 45 MIN. TO 1 HRS LONG )TO TRAVELOCITY , I DID NOT GET MY MONEY BACK.

every time i call them they say your refund is not yet processed.

every time i have to hold the phone for 45 min. to 1 hrs to finish the conversation & end up with no result.

I WILL NOT USE TRAVELOCITY AGAIN & WILL ADVICE OTHERS ALSO TO NOT TO USE TRAVELOCITY.

manfromva

Aug 05, 2010

Oh my god, i had similar experiences with travelocity. This is one of the most horrible company that i had to deal with. First, the customer service is outsourced, so it's very hard to really explain how things work in America. Second, they were making fun of me when i asked them to understand my situation. They were literally laughing on the phone and the guy (His name supposedly is ERIC, what a JOKE!!)was ever screaming at the phone trying to confuse me or scare me. Third, it would cost me much much more to get new tickets then if I would have bought somewhere else.
We should file a Petition against this company. None of my generations will ever book any tickets from this god forsaken company.

Mark

Aug 01, 2010

I was given a reservation for a 3 bedroom suite, when I called back for my itinerary, the new agent said that the room was only 300-400 sq ft. The first agent Sam outright lied to me, he wrote that he told me the suite was $2,ooo which he never did and booked me on the smaller room. They use American names but accents are not. Poor customer service and where is consumer.relations?

Travel Insurance VOIDED - My h

Jun 25, 2010

Knowing life is uncertain, I bought travel insurance along with two tickets to Europe and my receipt showed that added cost to my VISA charge when I printed out my confirmation for Netherlands. When I needed to cancel my trip, Travelocity politely told me they were SO SORRY, but " due to a tech error, my insurance was VOIDED." This is a huge stresser as I am out $3,000.00 until my possible refund from Delta.
Bottom Line: Be Warned: Do not use Travelocity!
If I do not have a refund by July 1, I will write the Better Business Bureau or other media.

TERRIBLE

Apr 12, 2010

SCREWED IS NOT EVEN THE WORD THEY JUST F U WITH NO VASELINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN AND THEN U CALL CUSTOMER NO SERVICE AND TALK TO SOME NO ENGLISH SPEAKIN PERSON FROM INDIA !!!!!!!!!OK :cry :? :cry !

Kurt McM

Feb 25, 2010

I guess i never finished the story....

I got the paper tickets and went to the airport. I was able to switch the tickets but it cost me $400 which i was not reenbursed. finally everything is fixed....or so i thought.

We arive at the airport a few hours early trying to avoid any more problems. we checked in checked our bags and got our tickets at the counter. Waited for the plane and then for them to call our section. We were the last section called to board. We got in line gave them our tickets and they would not let us board. they told us to stand to the side and wait while they figured something out. Meanwhile we are getting upset the plane doors are closing and then the plane is pulling away with out anyone telling us why or answering our questions. This flight was to atlanta to catch our international flight to chilie. They told us that after we had checked in they gave our seats to someone else. WHAT!!! They booked us on the next flight which we could still make our conection. Did i tell you that it started to snow.....

The next flight was late then the plane needed to be de-iced. We took off from detroit the same time our atlanta flight was taking off. We missed our conection. The next flight was the next day so we spent the nught in atlanta....this also means we missed the cruse ship.... the airline was nice enough to put us in a hotel and give us some voutures for the night in atlanta. they also gave us air tickets
... Show more

1-20 of 27 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Travelocity.
Filing a new complaint about
×