I will never use travelocity again.
This is why I will never use Travelocity again.
In January I booked a cruise to go from Valparaiso, Chile to Santos, Brazil in March for our honeymoon. I book my fights around the same time through Travelocity. I was following the cruise ship recommendation of arranging transportation to and from the airport several weeks in advance and I found out that the flight I booked for my return fight was starting in the wrong city.
My return flight goes from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (SDU) to Sao Paulo, Brazil (CGH). In Sao Paulo I switch airports to (GRU). From (GRU) we fly to Atlanta, GA (ATL) then to Detroit, MI (DTW). I booked it this way thinking that Rio was the closest airport to the last stop on my cruise. Come to find out Sao Paulo, Brazil (GRU) is the closest airport to may last stop and Rio is a 5 hour drive away.
So I figure no big deal I already have the seats booked from Sao Paulo, Brazil I will just cancel the 1 hour flight from Rio to Sao Paulo and board the plane in Sao Paulo. This is where the PAIN starts. I called Travelocity to change my reservations. They told me that there would be a charge to change my flight plans. I was OK with that because I made a mistake ( I didn’t like it but…). Then they told me that I had to return the tickets so that they could change the reservation. They told me without the tickets they could not and would not check into changing the tickets until they received them. Not having any other option I sent them the tickets. This was on March 3rd. they received the tickets and called me on March 6th. After explaining what I was trying to do they told me that if they removed the 1 connecting flight on my return trip it would screw up my flight down to the Chile, because they would have to rebook the entire trip. Turns out that the fights out of Detroit on the day we leave for vacation were booked full and my fight would go to the first person on standby if I changed them. After hearing this and trying to resolve the issue I was getting no where. They told me that I had to go to a Delta counter at an airport with the tickets in my hand to get this all straightened out (no guarantees). I asked them if they could call delta and I was told no. The only way was for me to go to the counter myself. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told they were busy and they would call me back. They never called me back.
I stated calling Delta about the situation and they also told me that in needed to bring the paper ticket in, to make any changes. I called Travelocity back the same night and told them to send my tickets back to me. I was told that I would have them no latter than 2 business days. That should have been Monday march 10th. I did not receive the tickets on Monday so I called them. I got the Fed Ex tracking number and found out that the tickets didn’t ship until Monday March 10th and will not be here until Wed mach 12th at 7:00pm. So I will not be able to go to the airport until the 13th (which I am going to have to *** work for). After finding this out I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told that they were to busy and someone would call me back. I told them I wanted to speak with someone now and I was put on hold for 1 ½ hours and then I hung up and called back for a supervisor again and was put on hold for ½ hour till I spoke with someone that said she was a supervisor. I think there real job title is the sorry person. All she said to me was that she was sorry and offered to give me a $50 credit (like I am going to use Travelocity again). She also told me that I could send my complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org (fax 1-800-944-0005). During my conversation with the supervisor I explained to her that in order to change my flight I was responsible for paying the difference in the fairs. And that the 2 week delay that Travelocity has caused me the rates have increased. Not to mention my alternative option prices have increased.
These were my options if I could not change my flight:
1. Fly from Sao Paulo to Rio to catch my flight back to Sao Paulo. (Makes a lot of sense doesn’t it) these prices have tripled in a week and a half.
2. Rent a car and drive 5 hours to Rio to catch my fight back to Sao Paulo. (makes a lot of sense doesn’t it)
3. Get off the cruise at Rio and stay the night in Rio. But this requires 1 week notice prior to the ships departure date. Which I may be able to do because the day I go to the airport to try and fix the tickets is 8 days before I leave.
4. I can’t arrange transportation to and from the cruise ship until my flight itinerary is known. This was supposed to be done by the 7th of march. Hope I can still scheduled transportation.
So here I am waiting on my tickets so I can go to the airport to find out if I can change my flights. If I can’t I am screwed with only 1 week remaining till the honeymoon.
I though vacation was suppose to be relaxing.c33cbcf review #115103
You may also like
- "I seldom make written complaints about service, but find it very necessary to inform you of the substandard and horrible service provided by Etihad Airways. I will NEVER in my..."
- "I recently had the worst flying experience ever flying out of Charlotte to Tunica on Airtran, all on my 30th B-day! After the front desk agents told me it was..."
- "Booked tickets for my orphaned niece and nephews to fly from Ohio to Louisiana. Placed all their info. In the computer, paid and received my itenarary. Unfortunately because the oldest..."
- "My diabetic daughter was admitted to Yellowstone. She was there for 2 days and they refused her insulin and testing of blood sugar. She was in..."
- "So I moved back home finding out my parents are with southern phone, they said they got a "good deal" $115 a month, for 5gig of internet, they have to..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "The "repair" they made did not hold up.This is the 2nd time it has almost killed us. Waiting on a reply from legal counsel at Ford. It is definitely totaled..."
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "Beginning on Tuesday January 21, I contacted Ron Farrier through his Facebook page for his company, Elite Concrete Enhancement. We discussed and agreed on the work to be done,..."