Show reviews that mention
customer service service customer flight hotel phone trip book money reservation
Filter review

Travelocity ruined our trip and wasn't ever able to be contacted for help.

Unfortunately we booked our vacation through Travelocity, which due to stress and worry about how and when we would get home, where we would stay and hundreds of dollars in international phone calls in which nothing was ever resolved, in fact we would tell our story again and again before being transferred and disconnected. We were stuck with no transportation when paid for in advance, we had no where to stay our last night, we had no luggage our first day, and worst of all we spent our entire vacation calling Travelocity, and received no help again and again! Our trip was not a vacation what so ever. Since they were unable to help us while we were in Mexico (We tried for 4 days via phone and internet), we are trying to get help now that we are home. We need reimbursed for the money we paid to them for transportation from the airport to the Riu Yucatan in Playa Del Carmen. There was no one there to pick us up at the airport. We waited for over an hour looking for Olympus Tours Cancun-Riviera Maya Transfers that we paid $285.00 for (both ways) but no one ever showed up. Travelocity was notified that our flight was delayed 24 hours when we called them on Feb. 16th and confirmed that someone would be there. Not only did they tell us that there would be transportation waiting for us but they changed our flight coming back a day later which is what we requested. However, they did not extend our stay at our hotel. We were kicked out 24 hours before our flight left Cancun. We were on hold most of the week trying to get this straightened out with them until my phone went dead, and then resorted to the hotel phone and email. There will be phone expenses that will need to be covered. We called every number they provided (210-521-5871 & 888-872-8356). They would answer but then I would be put on hold. Then someone would come back and I'd be put on hold again, and then the phone would be disconnected. We are talking International phone charges here. I then went to the internet. And it started all over again. We have copies of every conversation that took place over several days to no avail. Also our trip was cut short by one night and day, so they need to reimbursed us for this also. We had to pay for our last night out of pocket. And last but not least our luggage was lost and we had to go out and buy clothing. The luggage showed up at 9:00 p.m. the following night of our arrival. We have tried calling and emailing them for the last four days now that we are back home, and nothing has been resolved. The people we speak with always say they will transfer our call and forward our email.
ID
Denver, Colorado
Loss

No customer service at Travelocity!

I booked hotel reservations with travelocity for a driving trip between Georgia and Ohio. For the hotel stay going up, everything seemed fine. Later I realized I had been charged twice for that stay! Secondly on the return trip we had a family emergency and needed to cancel the reservation. After much run around we were told that if the hotel was ok with a refund then I would receive one. The hotel agreed but I have yet to receive the refund from Travelocity, even though they have been refunded from the hotel. Secondly, the double charge will only be fixed if I fax them the credit card statement and even then they won't guarantee the refund. I spent more time on hold than receiving help and could hardly understand the person I was speaking to. Don't use them, it isn't worth the hassel. I have filed disputes with my bank since I can't get any help from Travelocity. Best wishes!

After booking a trip for my husband and I, my husband called Travelocity Customer Service to cancel his flight. He verified that he could cancel just his flight without the entire trip being canceled.

The Cust. Serv. Rep told him that could be done. Then the rep canceled the entire trip, including my flight.

I was never notified my flight had been canceled, even though I was the one who booked it and I booked it through my Travelocity account. It was only by a total fluke did I discovered it. I heard the entire conversation with my husband and their customer service, yet when I called Cust. Serv.

they refused to believe my version of what happened because the person who took care of the initial request didn't record the conversation and wrote down the request wrong. It took over an hour, talking to a Cust. Serv rep and a supervisor and I was never able to resolve the issue and get my ticket reinstated. I was repeatedly told they did not believe me and that I would have to pay a $250 rebooking fee.

After that call, I called Delta. They told me there was no rebooking fee and reinstated my ticket immediately, before the 3 minute call was over.

Although I have used Travelocity exclusively for years for all my business and personal travel, this experience of their unwillingness to believe me, work out a win/win solution, and their "there is nothing I can do attitude," I no longer want to do any business with them. Others should use caution, too, especially when booking travel for more than one person.

I call it the "outsource accent'

:grin

their customer telephone "service" operator have a heavy accent, are difficult to understand, and quote legalistic BS when you try to get some help for a genuine mistake.

View more comments (3)