Verified Reviewer

1.8
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user May 22

Here I am 5/20/20 and nothing is resolved. I have been jerked around by Travelocity to the point when I email them, my emails wind up at hotels.com.Travelocity sent me a link to Singapore Airlines to get a refund.

It didn't work. That was a month ago. No update. When I tried to get in touch with them to find out if they had fixed the problem with the link they sent me, (They had a confirmation code to use on that link.

It didn't work. It was not recognized. I put in my original confirmation code with Singapore, they recognized it, but said I had to contact my travel agent, Travelocity) all my inquiries were sent to hotels.com....who had no interest in the problem and told me to call Singapore airlines.

I am furious with Travelocity. One big circle jerk....

Original review posted by user Apr 17

I had booked several flights with Singapore Airlines that were to begin on March 20th.

There were 4 flights:

DPS to Singapore 3/20/20

Singapore to Hanoi 3/23/20

Siem Reap to Singapore 4/7/20

Singapore to DPS 4/10/20

These Flights were booked thru Travelocity. I received cancelation notices by email on the first two of these flights from Singapore Airlines.

When I could get a good cell phone connection I called Travelocity to verify that this flight was canceled, and would I be able to get a refund or at least a credit for these flights.

I was told by Travelocity that Singapore had put me down as a NO Show thereby eliminating any responsibility to refund or give me a credit for these flights. How can you be a No show for a canceled flight? The gentleman from Travelocity then spent a good 45 minutes to verify that the flights were, in fact, canceled. He then disappeared for more time and returned with the information that he changed the flights to canceled by the airline.

This will entitle me to credit, but only to book these exact same flights within the year. That strikes me as absurd and I told him that. He told me those were the rules that had been put forth by IATA.

Heres my questions. Is this really the policy that has been put forth as a response to this Pandemic?

I have to use my credit to book only the exact same flights in the exact same order? Or is Travelocity making this up? That is really my only option? Not a credit for the $1400 that these flights cost with Singapore Airline to spend on the flights I want in the future?

And speaking about the future, I was also told these flight credits had to be used by March 30, 2021. Theres a real good chance that will not be possible by then.

I have read articles that state the Department of Transportation has now announced that its cancellation/refund rules are NOT optional, and that the airlines are legally required to give you that full refund if they cancelled their flights. And this also includes any previously charged change fees that were applied. Does this ruling apply to airlines that are not incorporated in America?

Would it cover Airlines that fly into America?

During these extraordinary times can you please let the public know what the rules are? Can we get refunds from foreign airlines? If we can only get credits does it really have to be for fixed flights?

Can we get credits from foreign airlines. If we disagree with what is offered from the airline or from Travelocity, what are the options to object or challenge the decision?

Any light you can shed on this situation is greatly appreciated.

User's recommendation: Go directly to airlines to book.

Travelocity Pros: Many choices with flights.

Travelocity Cons: Airlines wont talk to you because you used travelocity.

Comments