To sum up a long review: They told me they’d cancelled my flights and that there would be no fees.They lied.

I was charged $1,200, and they won’t refund me a dime. They told me they’d give me flight credit, then said I had none when I called to use it later. I’ve fought with them for a full year, and I’ve spent well over 15 hours on the phone with these people. Never, ever use this company for anything!

Full review: In March of last year I booked two roundtrip tickets from Boston to Charleston through Travelocity. A couple of hours later, I managed to find a flight that left a few hours later from Charleston, which would allow my vacation to last a little longer. I called Travelocity customer service to change that one flight, but they said it would be easier if they just cancelled the whole itinerary outright. That worked for me, as there’s no fee for cancellations within 24 hours of the booking.

The customer service rep said that he’d cancelled the itinerary, so I went ahead and booked the new one directly through Delta.com. When I returned from my vacation, I saw that I’d been charged $1,200 by Travelocity. They hadn’t cancelled the flight. They said they couldn’t refund my money, as the money went to the airline.

The airline wouldn’t refund my money because they aren’t liable for Travelocity’s mistakes. After several hours spent arguing with their terrible customer service, they finally agreed to give me Travelocity flight credit equal to that amount. I called again several months later to use this flight credit, but they told me I had no such credit. Again, I spent several hours on the phone with their customer service, and I came away with nothing.

It wasn’t until I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau that my flight credit magically reappeared, but it now had $800 worth of “change fees” attached to it, and so it was only worth $400. I have fought these people for a year, and they refuse to give me my money back. I’ve spent well over 15 hours on the phone with them, and I’ve witnessed some of the shadiest business you could imagine: They admit over the phone that there are recordings of all of my phone calls with Travelocity, (which would prove that they’d lied about cancelling my flights), but they won’t admit their existence in writing unless it’s requested by a lawyer. I ask for their corporate address, and I’m told that they don’t know the company’s address.

I’ve been lied to, yelled at, and dragged along for a full year without them giving my money back. I’m currently working on filing a lawsuit against them, as I’ve exhausted all other options. If you choose to use this company, I suggest going straight to a lawsuit and skipping the customer service nightmare. It will get you nowhere.

DO NOT USE TRAVELOCITY! PS: They are owned by Expedia, who also owns Hotwire, Orbits, Hotels.com, HomeAway, etc. so I wouldn’t expect any better from them. I would suggest making any hotel, flight, etc.

bookings directly through the companies themselves.It’s not worth the risk to use anything owned by Expedia.

Review about: Travelocity Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Had an Experience with Travelocity?

Comments