2.1
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

Due to legitimate emergency had to cancel my trip about a week before planned departure so notified travelocity to cancel flight and hotel right away.Was told they would do what they could but neither was refundable.

At my insistence I was told they'd speak directly to my hotel and get back to me since I could provide evidence of why canceling. Two days later, hearing nothing from them I called hotel directly and very nice, courteous woman named Nicole said there was NO RECORD of anyone trying to cancel the reservation AND it had to be canceled by Travelocity - not me - but there'd be NO problem with giving me a refund as long as they got it within 48 hours of check.. which was only hours away at that point. So I Called travelocity again, asked for an update and actually claimed they'd not been able to reach anyone at the hotel in time so the charges wouldn't be reimbursed!

(My call to the hotel had been answered on the 2nd ring) So I told them about my call to the hotel a few minutes earlier... .. oops! Suddenly things changed, I was put on hold while they 'called the hotel' or conferenced with each other about what to do.

When the woman came back on line she acted like she and Travelocity had pulled off a miracle by getting a refund when in fact no action had been taken on my behalf by them at all and wouldn't have without my direct intervention. I also called Amer Airlines directly and was told they could give me full credit for a future flight but I'd have to book it through travelocity again and travelocity would charge me a fee for rebooking...

which travelocity has said only AA would do..in short, I will NOT be booking anything through travelocity ever again if I have any other choice!

Review about: Travelocity Flight Booking.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Travelocity?

Comments