Additional Fees

Travelocity is a scam.I was on TripAdvisor and needed to book a room in the Cayman Islands for my wife and I next April 2017.

Normally we always use booking.com and have never had any problems on several long international vacations, but they were not available for this particular hotel so we used Travelocity for the very first time. BIG MISTAKE..!! A day after booking I see that my credit card has been charged over $2600 by Travelocity..!! Unlike Booking.com, which has never once charged my credit card for anything and only uses the data for use by the hotel, etc., that you are booking, TRAVELOCITY IMMEDIATELY CHARGES YOUR CREDIT CARD..!!

It's pretty easy to understand their scheming business model: TRAVELOCITY CHARGES YOUR CREDIT CARD ($2600+ in my case), EARNS THE INTEREST OFF YOUR MONEY WHILE YOU HAVE TO PAY INTEREST TO YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY, AND THEN, IF YOU CANCEL YOUR RESERVATION ANYTIME PRIOR TO THE ALLOWED CANCELLATION DATE (late March 2017 in my case), THEY WILL ISSUE YOU A COMPLETE REFUND. THIS, OF COURSE, AFTER EARNING INTEREST ON YOUR MONEY AND YOUR PAYING INTEREST ON IT..!! WHAT A SCAM..!

Big lesson learned..!But I was able to cancel via the Travelocity website, received a confirmation number and email, and am now awaiting my credit card refund...

Comments