My mother-in-law booked a flight to visit her son and I, during Thanksgiving. Travelocity changed her ticket many times. She got many emails from Travelocity Customer support stating her flights had been changed. She arrived to Fresno, California fine. We went to airport yesterday, so she could fly back to Iowa and we could not get an airline ticket printed. Travelocity stated it was a problem with United Airlines and United Airlines stated it was Travelocity's problem and American airlines stated it was United's problem. Little did we know that the ticket agents at the Fresno Airport do not work directly for United Airlines. The only ticket agents that work directly for the airlines are American agents at the ariports.

So, my mother-in-law missed her flight on Nov. 28, 2012. So we go home, can not talk with any one from Travelocity in the United States. Was cut off over 7 times talking with travelocity in India.

Finally, after 7 hours on the phone with United and travelocity they stated that all is well and we could get a ticket the next day for my mother-in-law to flight out on her flight on American airlines. (united airlines changed her return flight to American Airlines). So, today, we went to the Fresno airport with no luck again getting my mother-in-law a ticket to Iowa. Which she paid for a round trip ticket from Iowa originally from Travelocity. We paid $382.60, to purchase another ticket, so she could get back home to Iowa. or she would of been stuck again in Fresno, California with no way home.

Now, travelocity is stating that they will not refund our money.

Comments

I purchased the AIG flight cancellation policy in case the event I was planning to attend was changed or called off. It was scrubbed, but when I went to cancel the flight, I learned that the "insurance" was only good in cases of the death of a family member or serious illness.Related: American International Group - Flight Cancellation insurance is a RIP OFF!Travelocity does not make this clear or, if they do, it's tucked away in some corner of the screen where it won't be noticed by the average customer.