1.3

My husband and I booked a week hotel stay (in all fairness it was a non-refundable rate) but we had to cancel for medical reasons and although it was over six weeks till the vacation we were assessed a penalty for $1,082.00. Travelocity lied and told me the penalty was from hotel but after talking to hotel manager, she explained that Expedia/Travelocity buys a block of rooms and will pay for them no matter if rented or not.

Also, after talking to hotel manager closer to date of our trip, I found out that the week we cancelled had been sold out! Important to know that although the room had been rented and Travelocity had sold out their block of rooms, they were still demanding that we pay for the week we cancelled. In my opinion, this is a SCAM by this company!

Why should they collect a penalty from us when all rooms had been rented. I would have been willing to pay for any days that had not sold out but they have NO CUSTOMER SERVICE and were unwilling to work with us.

They do not deserve to be paid twice for the same room. Please don't use this company, they are very dishonest.

Product or Service Mentioned: Travelocity Customer Care.

Travelocity Cons: Travelocity lying to me about penalty.

• Very Dishonest do Not Use