I and my husband booked tickets to New Zealand through travelocity about 2 weeks ago.There are 2 legs each way - Newark to Los Angeles and Los Angeles to Auckland.The cheapest ticket had us arriving back at Newark at 12:40am and so we each paid $55 extra to get an earlier flight from LA which arrives at Newark at 10:35pm.

This week we were informed that the earlier flight was no longer available and that we had been re-booked on the later flight. I requested that the extra money that we had paid for the earlier flight be refunded. I spoke to 3 people at travelocity for an hour without success. It seems very dishonest to me to take extra money for a flight and then put us on the cheaper flight - with no refund.

I wonder how many people a week they are doing this to.

Book with the airline if at all possible - and DO NOT use travelocity.

This person wrote the review because of "unable to get refund" of travelocity flight booking from Travelocity. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $110 and wants Travelocity to issue a partial refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Travelocity for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Travelocity?

Comments

Ocoee, Florida, United States #943726

You did not pay $55.00 extra per person for an earlier flight.You simply paid more for that flight.

The $55.00 is not an additional fee that can be split off the price of the ticket. What if you had paid less for the less desirable flight arriving at 12:40 a.m. If that flight was not available, would you expect or be willing to pay the extra money ($55.00) because you had to take the earlier 10:35 pm. flight.

Of course not. To try to split off the difference between fares on different flights would be a nightmare. For example, would the people on the higher price 9:00 a.m. flight be entitled to a refund of the difference because their flight was delayed till noon, the same time as another flight which would have cost them $50.00 less.

Travelocity is not being dishonest.