My wife and I booked a round-trip flight ($724) with Travelocity, 4 months before the scheduled trip.I did not realize that once you do, the tickets are non-refundable (my bad oversight).

One week after booking, my wife and I (both age 79) had medical setbacks and decided we could not make this flight. After many calls I was told that only a re-booking was possible, minus $150 re-booking fee per person, for up to one year beyond initial purchase date. I was initially told the re-booking ticket vouchers could be used by a family member. In later conversations I was informed only my wife and I could re-book.

I was also told that I could negotiate a return of my ticket price with the airline, JetBlue. Conversations with JetBlue assured me that they do not have the ticket funds but rather Travelocity holds those funds until the flight is actually made. Travelocity therefore gets to hold my money for up to a year, and there is no provision for a reasonable request for return of the money. My initial request for cancellation & return of my money was done about 4 months before the trip departure date.

This is certainly in the financial favor of Travelocity, and is a customer rip-off.I will NEVER again go through Travelocity or any intermediate travel provider.

Review about: Travelocity Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Basic non-refund policy under any conditions.

Had an Experience with Travelocity?

Comments

trav80015

Travelocity is a total rip off outfit.Once they get your money you are screwed.

Customer service is in India and can hardly understand them. Plus, they do not have a clue as to what is going on. Travelocity and Expedia are basically the same company.

Both will steal every penny they can from you.Book direct from the airlines and/or hotels and you get a better deal.