Travelocity - Review about Oceanfront Room from Dublin, Virginia

I was scammed by Travelocity!I booked a room based on the Travelocity website stating it was Oceanfront.

Upon arrival, the hotel is more than 20 miles from an ocean! I called Travelocity and spoke with 3 reps, up to corporate customer service rep Denise Alford. Not only was the blame placed on ME, they in all essence implied I was lying that their website showed it was Oceanfront. When I requested to email them a screenshot showing proof, I was advised it would not change their decision not to rectify the situation and Denise said I should've done better research!!!!!

I have never been treated so poorly in my life!

I asked for her supervisor's name and she left me on hold and then came back and advised she couldn't provide me with her supervisors phone number, that someone could call me back within 5 business days!!!Terrible customer service, fraudulent advertising and I will never ever book with them again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Oceanfront Room
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #620609

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Travelocity? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 14, 2015 #971760 Ocoee, Florida

I think you should sue them in small claims, from the county that you made the reservation in. The ad clearly shows "OCEAN" on it, b) the ad says "IN Greenwich" not "ON Greenwich." It's address is 5793 Greenwich Road, Virginia Beach. Saying it is "in" Greenwich implies that this is an area of town, not a road.[Just like to me Beacon Hill in Boston represents an area, not a street.] and c) the businesses the ad says the hotel is close to, do not give rise to a belief it is not at the beach, e.g. there are beach area golf courses and beach area hospitals. It is not as if the ad said the hotel was close to downtown which would have put you on notice to investigate further.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Travelocity. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Travelocity.
Filing a new complaint about