Dublin, Virginia
1.5
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

I was scammed by Travelocity!I booked a room based on the Travelocity website stating it was Oceanfront.

Upon arrival, the hotel is more than 20 miles from an ocean! I called Travelocity and spoke with 3 reps, up to corporate customer service rep Denise Alford. Not only was the blame placed on ME, they in all essence implied I was lying that their website showed it was Oceanfront. When I requested to email them a screenshot showing proof, I was advised it would not change their decision not to rectify the situation and Denise said I should've done better research!!!!!

I have never been treated so poorly in my life!

I asked for her supervisor's name and she left me on hold and then came back and advised she couldn't provide me with her supervisors phone number, that someone could call me back within 5 business days!!!Terrible customer service, fraudulent advertising and I will never ever book with them again!

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Travelocity?

Comments

JrOrlando
Ocoee, Florida, United States #971760

I think you should sue them in small claims, from the county that you made the reservation in.The ad clearly shows "OCEAN" on it, b) the ad says "IN Greenwich" not "ON Greenwich." It's address is 5793 Greenwich Road, Virginia Beach.

Saying it is "in" Greenwich implies that this is an area of town, not a road.[Just like to me Beacon Hill in Boston represents an area, not a street.] and c) the businesses the ad says the hotel is close to, do not give rise to a belief it is not at the beach, e.g. there are beach area golf courses and beach area hospitals.

It is not as if the ad said the hotel was close to downtown which would have put you on notice to investigate further.