2.3

I booked a round trip to Puerto Rico through Travelocity. It was through 2 airlines - okay.

Maria hit and Airline 1 called this morning and said, we are canceling your trip, they gave me a refund. So, I called Travelocity and asked would they issue a travel voucher or a refund for the RETURN trip since the airline canceled the outbound trip. First, the representative asked me "why did the Airline cancel" - uhhhmmmmm, a Cat. 5 hurricane hit the island.

Then, she asked me didn't I see that I was booking the trip through 2 different airlines. Yes, of course, but I was booking a full round trip through Travelocity. Well, she let me know that Airline 2 has not canceled the return flight. I understand that, but it will be a little difficult for me to return if I am NOT THERE.

On and on it went - and I finally thought, I have had enough of this *** service, they aren't here to help. I am going to try to work with the airline directly. I will never, ever use this again - really am unsure why I booked through them in the first place. Just got directly to the airline.

They will at least work with you. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have a travel site, that is actually interested in helping its customers?

Product or Service Mentioned: Travelocity Vacation Package Booking.

Travelocity Cons: Customer service.

• TRAVELOCITY SUCKS

Comments

Same thing here. Canceling trip because of the hurricane and Travelocity won't help cancel without $350 in fees for 2 airline rebooking fees, and their insurance doesn't help.

Called a total protection plan but doesn't cover cancellation of a trip to a destinantion that was hit by a natural disaster.

Spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone on 3 calls yesterday and got nothing resolved. Called the airlines directly and got the flights cancelled, recieved credits, and they waived any rebooking fees.

Travelocity Reviews