In Dec 2019 we purchased an upcoming graduation vaca trip (haven't been on real vaca for 17 years)! Colorado to Mexico City to Huatulco and back to Colorado at a $4,405.

purchase price! That is a lot of money to us!

Been responsibly trying to get in touch with Travelocity since March 2020 to cancel - via chat, self-service, CS phone - all with zero luck or zero results. I finally get an email to cancel and follow its instructions with relief that the trip is going to be canceled and refunded. Only to start receiving several other emails to cancel again and again and again - instead of have just one CANCEL button, they try to make it more difficult so that you miss something and your refund will be forfeited.

I also purchased the Travelocity insurance at the time of booking and should have had zero problems with all of this but it has been a nightmare and is still unresolved. They have kept me on hold - not just at the point of calling, no, upon an agent answering (a supervisor supposedly) and telling me she is going to look into it and then 1 hour and 30 some minutes later the call disconnects and I have to begin again.

It is May 12, 2020, and due to the pandemic (covid19), I don't get to go on this trip but I also apparently don't get our trip expense savings back either. Their continued message loop states you can get on social media as well to help resolve during the pandemic .... except for that is a deceptive fallacious bunch of nonsense too!

They are NOT trying to help their customers because everything is big-business driven and NOT consumer driven.

It is disgusting that I have had to go through 2 months of this craziness with NO results or outcome.

The FTC will be getting a complaint but meanwhile, we are out the only money we had. My graduation present and savings!

User's recommendation: DO NOT use any of these self-help travel agencies! The are nothing but a big SCAM!!!

Travelocity Cons: That they scammed me.

Comments