1.1
Additional Fees

So, check this out.I am planning a trip to Disneyland for my family.

We need to fly from Seattle to LA. I found great round-trip, direct flight tickets on Travelocity.com. I paid for the Cancellation Protection, but when I clicked to book the flight, the next screen basically said, "Oops, your price has increased by $100." I was like, "Fine, whatever." Not a huge deal, right? So I clicked to book the flights with the new price.

New screen, new message, "Hooray! You can have the original price." Awesome. So I click to book. "Oops." So I click to book.

"Hooray!" Click. "Oops." Click. "Hooray!" I got frustrated, and then worried that I was being charged for each of these ATTEMPTED bookings, so I checked my bank statement right then. 6 charges for the $70 Protection fee, each followed by an immediate deposit for the exact same ammount.

"So," I thought, "The balance remains the same, so no harm. They just have a funky way of doing this." That's when I noticed the other charges. Intermingled with the $70 out, $70 back cha-cha-cha, I found 3 charges for $352.50, for plane tickets to LAS VEGAS. There ain't any DISNEYLAND IN LAS VEGAS.

At no point would I have ever authorized these charges, especially since I was, at the moment I was charged for these, I was actively ATTEMPTING to purchase tix to LA. Freaked out, called customer service. The nearly-unintelligable lady dismissively told me to read the email I should have received to find the itenerary, and the cancellation policy. I hadn't gotten an email.

No flight numbers, no itenerary, nothing. She didn't seem to get it. Rest of the story: called bank, filed for fraudulant charges, had my account blocked, my card cancelled and reissued, and out $1051.50. Then I googled Travelocity and found the horror stories.

Seriously.

F*** this company.There goes DisneyLand for my kids.

Review about: Travelocity Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Travelocity?

Comments