Cheraw, South Carolina

Travelocity is a joke.They are scammers and I will never use them again!!

I made a reservation for hotel, air, and rental car through Travelocity. Because my travel companion got sick I had to cancel the trip. When I called Travelocity to cancel the trip, I got a non-american operator on the phone. He gave me the run around for 30 minutes then transferred me to another non-american operator.

She put me on hold three different times with one hold lasting more than 8 minutes. I guess she was hoping I would hang up. At first she told me that she could cancel the trip but I wouldn't get a refund from them, that I had to file the entire amount with the travel insurance company. I told her that wasn't correct because according to the trip information on cancellation fees they provided I was due back $1000.33.

She put me on hold then came back and she told me that they were refunding $650 because the hotel did not offer refunds. I quoted their policy and the $ amount they said they would give back if I cancelled before a certain date. Then she changed my refund amount to $993.32. Because I purchased travel insurance and because I was extremely frustrated I accepted that amount.

The travel insurance company is a different company than Travelocity. Overall, it took me 1 hour and 23 minutes to cancel my trip. Several times they tried to screw me out of my money. I will never use them again.

They are a scam!!!

Review about: Travelocity Car Rental.

Had an Experience with Travelocity?

Comments